• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Search warrant issued over Prince death

April 29, 2016
Reading Time: 1 min read
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

A search warrant was obtained in relation to the home of Prince shortly after he died, court documents show.

The musician’s Minneapolis home and recording studio, Paisley Park, was searched on 21 April, the day he died.

But authorities won a court order on Thursday to keep the warrant sealed, arguing that making it public would hamper their work.

Prescription painkillers were in the singer’s possession following his sudden death, officials tell US media.

But it is unclear what role, if any, those drugs may have played.

Carver County Deputy Sheriff Jason Kamerud said reports that the Drugs Enforcement Agency (DEA) had been called in were not accurate.

A post-mortem last week discounted suicide – but a medical examiner said full results could take several weeks.

Prince, 57, was found dead in a lift on his Paisley Park estate.

There was no sign of trauma on the body, Sheriff Jim Olson said, suggesting the singer had died alone.
There have been suggestions the star was addicted to the painkiller Percocet, which he had been taking since 2009 to relieve hip pain.

His former percussionist, Sheila E, told the news agency Prince had suffered the effects of years of jumping off speakers on stage while wearing high heels.

However, claims of drug dependency have been refuted by the singer’s long-time lawyer, L Londell McMillan.

Although Mr McMillan admitted that Prince may have taken pills to manage pain, he said the musician was “not on any drugs that would be any cause for concern”.

Prince had been rushed to hospital in Illinois six days prior to his death, while flying home from a concert in Georgia, but was treated and released a few hours later.

–

Source: BBC

Previous Post

US man jailed for spying in North Korea

Next Post

Mahama orders reconstruction of Keta sea defense wall

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always