• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

AG throws out rape charge against Asamoah Gyan

December 8, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
AG throws out rape charge against Asamoah Gyan
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Lawyer for Black Stars skipper; Asamoah Gyan, Kissi Agyabeng has revealed that the Attorney General’s Department has thrown out the alleged rape and sodomy case against the player.

He made the announcement today at a press conference organised by Gyan’s management at the Accra Sports Stadium.

The incident was said to have occurred in June this year when the said victim, Sarah Kwablah, reported to the Police that Gyan had sexually assaulted her.  Sarah-Kwabla-asamoah-gyan

Agyabeng said the AG’s Department had dismissed the case.

“On Wednesday, 2 December 2015, we were called to the headquarters of the Criminal Investigation Department, Accra and informed that after a careful study of the docket, the Attorney General had concluded that the rape and unnatural canal allegations made by Sarah Kwablah against Asamoah Gyan were totally baseless and that the docket should be closed. In plain language, Asamoah Gyan has been cleared of all of Sarah Kwablah’s allegations of rape and sodomy. Ordinarily, we would not have bothered to address the media. However, lives are involved and reputations have been affected. Right must be put right and wrong must be put in its place.”

Agyabeng went ahead to criticise the conduct of Maurice Ampaw who represented Kwablah as her lawyer and said both people had been involved in the “most ludicrous media tirade” against Gyan and some members of his management team namely Samuel Anim Addo.

–

By: Benjamin Nketsia/citifmonline.com/Ghana

Tags: Ghana NewsPalaver Newspaper
Previous Post

Ghanaians must rise up against PURC tariff increase – PPP

Next Post

Confusion rocks anti-Nana Addo press confab; journalists chased out

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always