• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Addison’s posters pop up but Klottey Korle NPP denies re-run

October 27, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Addison’s posters pop up but Klottey Korle NPP denies re-run
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Posters of Philip Addison, an aspirant who contested the New Patriotic Party’s recently held parliamentary primaries in the Klottey-Korle constituency have re-emerged although he lost the poll.

Addison’s posters are plastered around many suburbs of the constituency such as Adabraka, Ridge and Osu Ringway.

Lawyer Addison had after the party’s parliamentary primaries questioned the integrity of the process describing it as a sham.

philip addison (1)

[contextly_sidebar id=”sZxrm0iJ1BEBQNh62iHgEih82CZi7Vfh”]He, together with another aspirant, Nii Adjei Tawiah, boycotted the elections, which saw Nii Noi Nortey emerge as winner.

Nii Nortey polled 393 votes to beat both opponents who managed a meager 22 and 19 votes respectively.

Mr. Addison and Nii Adjei Tawiah however called for a re-run of the elections, citing several instances of fraud in the process.

But Speaking to Citi News, the NPP Vice Chairman for the constituency, Alhaji Aliu Kabe, said he is aware of the development but questioned the basis for the re-emergence of Mr. Addison’s posters.

“I contacted lawyer Philip Addison and asked him why his posters are plastered around in the constituency. He told me he is aware and that he’s been told there would be a re-run. Then I asked him to disclose his source but he declined,” Alhaji Kabe said.

The Vice Chairman insisted that “…all that I would like to say is that, so far as the constituency is concerned, as a custodial officer of this constituency, per our constitution, we have not been directed per a press release or a letter concerning any rerun as he has wanted us to understand.”

He further urged members of the party in the constituency to stay calm.

“So for us, we are waiting for the National Office on what they will tell us; but for now, we have no information or any directive concerning any re-run,” Alhaji Kabe stressed.

–

By: Godwin A. Allotey & Franklin Badu Jnr/citifmonline.com/Ghana

Follow @AlloteyGodwin

Tags: Foresight Medical CenterMaligu NaaPalaver NewspaperTamale MCE
Previous Post

Criticisms will motivate me to work hard – New Hearts Coach Yatsuhashi

Next Post

Afoko’s suspension will ‘open up new wounds’ – MP predicts

Please login to join discussion
  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always