• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Fraudsters at play after flood disaster

June 11, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Policewoman, Naval officers nabbed for attempted stealing
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Criminal Investigations Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service has alerted the public to beware of a syndicate which has taken advantage of the flood and fire disasters in Accra to swindle unsuspecting members of the public.

According to the CID, the group was using the situation to dupe families who had placed advertisements in the media requiring information on their missing family members.

[contextly_sidebar id=”t2TfU0W88zPPHQ7QaIpypQW6r3OiVjlm”]Fraudsters

Briefing the Daily Graphic in an interview in Accra yesterday, the Head of the Fraud Unit of the CID, Chief Superintendent Mr Felix Koku Mawusi, said investigations had established that the group, including two women, used different phone numbers to call families and claimed they had knowledge regarding the whereabouts of their loved ones.

“In a particular case, we found out that six different people had used 21 different numbers to call some families who had placed adverts within an hour of the advertisement,” he said.

He said the fraudsters were also reported to be asking questions about the economic status of the families involved to be able to go ahead and defraud the wealthy ones among them.

Mr Mawusi added that it was likely that those fraudsters would extend their operations to foreign countries and nationals to lure them to pay money to them.

“We are quite sure that the syndicate might extend its operations to foreign countries and non-Ghanaians, so the public should beware,” he stated.

Caution

He advised families who had been contacted by such persons to report the matter to the police for further investigations to be conducted.

“If anyone has paid any amount to a person to get information on his or her missing family members, he should also report to the police and give the number by which he or she had been contacted to them,” he added.

 

Source: Graphic Online

Tags: Palaver Newspaper
Previous Post

Volta Region in need of Education Directors

Next Post

2014 petroleum fund accrued $2.8 billion

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always