• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Ghanaian killed in xenophobic attacks – SA High C’ssion

April 20, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
No Ghanaian killed in xenophobic attacks – SA High C’ssion
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

No Ghanaian has been killed in the xenophobic attacks in South Africa, according to the South African High Commissioner to Ghana Lulama Xingwana, who revealed this at a press conference held in Accra on Monday.

[contextly_sidebar id=”N9pcyiHvBpuYVJ5X3uFK3YMXHpWaBnM3″]The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hannah Tetteh on April 17 said one Ghanaian, Emmanuel Quarcoo was found dead on the streets of Durban which has recorded several incidents of xenophobic attacks.

According to Hanna Tetteh in  tweet, Emmanuel was found dead by the roadside with head injuries.

hannah tetteh

At the press conference however, Lulama Xingwana said that according to an autopsy report, the Ghanaian who was found dead on the streets of Durban died of an epileptic attack.

Giving further details, the High Commissioner said that “so far the reports we have from the police and the ministry, 10 people have died.”

According to her nine 9 people died in Durban and 1 person in Johannesburg.

She gave the breakdown of the deceased as follows “2 people who died are South Africans, we have 2 Ethiopians, we have 2 Mozambicans, 1 Bangladesh national, 1 Zimbabwean, 1 Swazi national and 1 Somalian national.”

On Sunday, 4 more Ghanaians were found dead in a salon in Heibron in Free State, South Africa but the deaths were not linked to the attacks.

The attacks were triggered by alleged comments made by Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini telling migrants to go home – although he said he was misquoted.

 

–

By:Magdalene Teiko Larnyoh/citifmonline.com/Ghana

Tags: Foresight Medical CenterPalaver Newspaper
Previous Post

Four men threatened to burn down SA High C’ssion – C’ssioner

Next Post

Eyewitness News, Monday, 20th April, 2015

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always