• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Refunds offered for Bill Cosby shows

January 14, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Refunds offered for Bill Cosby shows
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Concert promoter Ticketmaster is offering refunds for Bill Cosby’s shows this weekend in Denver.

More than 3,000 tickets have been sold to Saturday’s performances, according to local media.

Organisers say they have a “moral obligation” for the shows to go on, amid planned protests.

Cosby has been accused by more than 15 women of sexual assaults dating back to the 1970s and ’80s, leading to the cancellation of several planned shows.

The 77-year-old, who has not been charged, has denied claims, calling them “fantastical” and “uncorroborated”.

Another of his shows – a 6 February date at the Hanover Theatre in Worcester, Massachusetts – has been cancelled after the promoters “came to an agreement” with his agent.

More than 1,000 tickets were sold for the performance at the venue, which seats an audience of 2,300.

Protests planned

Organisers AEG Live said it understood concerns some people had about the shows taking place, but said the company had a “moral obligation” to allow the comedian to perform.

“If the allegations turn out to be true, I’m going to be appalled and disgusted,” AEG President Chuck Morris told Denver station KUSA-TV.

“But at this point, I feel like I have an obligation to the people that want to see the show and an artist that has not been charged or convicted.”

Protestors outside Kitchener's Centre in the Square
Protestors picketed a venue in Canada earlier this month where Cosby performed

Meanwhile, protests are being planned outside the Buell Theatre venue on Saturday during both performances.

Gloria Allred, a lawyer representing several women who have accused the comedian of either rape or sexual assault, is expected to speak and join the demonstration.

At least 10 dates on Cosby’s North American stand-up tour, as well as some scheduled TV appearances, were cancelled following the initial allegations which surfaced last autumn.

The comedian’s shows in Canada earlier this month went ahead, despite demonstrations outside the venue in Ontario.

More than a dozen protestors carried placards stating “rape is no joke” and some barred the entrance to the venue, before being asked to move by security.

Cosby became the quintessential American Dad in his role as Dr Cliff Huxtable on The Cosby Show from 1984 to 1992, a huge hit in the US and around the globe.

–

Source: BBC

Tags: Togbe Afede
Previous Post

Effective Living Series: Preparing for excellence, with Ruka Sanusi

Next Post

Transport Minister to set committee to investigate plane crash      

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always