• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Muntari, Kevin want Black Stars return – Appiah

September 25, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Muntari, Kevin want Black Stars return – Appiah

Sulley Muntari (Left) and Kevin Prince Boateng

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Black Stars midfielders Kevin Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari, have reportedly expressed willingness to return to the team if they are called back.

Former Black Stars captain Stephen Appiah on Thursday revealed this when he appeared before the Dzamefe Commission investigating Ghana’s abysmal performance at the world cup in Brazil.

He said he had conversations with both players, he believes that they would welcome an invitation into the senior national team.

[contextly_sidebar id=”iYYqWWh6m6IpUVbYFo1NJ62AJDLolkTT”]Kevin Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari were kicked out of the Black Stars camp in Brazil and subsequently suspended prior to the team’s final group game against Portugal for various acts of indiscipline.

Boateng, who has denied the allegations made against him, has previously hinted at a possible return to the Stars although the general manager of his club side Schalke,Horst Heldt, has said that he was convinced the player had played his last game for Ghana.

Then coach of the Black Stars, Kwesi Appiah, had also ruled out any future call-ups to the national team for Boateng before being sacked last week.

When asked whether he witnessed the the alleged incident between then Black Stars coach Kwesi Appiah and Boateng, Stephen Appiah stated that he did not hear what words were exchanged but saw the player being told to leave the training session.

He added that Boateng went into the dressing to and returned to sit on the bench for the rest of the session.

Appiah also revealed that he had asked Sulley Muntari about the alleged assault on a GFA official in Brazil but the AC Milan midfielder had refused to talk about the incident.

Sulley+Muntari+Kevin+Prince+Boateng+Uruguay+ZGR-HGe-cVUl-e1403786767966-387x330

Appiah however believes that the incident should be forgotten and both players brought back to the national team as their inclusion would only improve the Black Stars.

The former captain also suggested to the Commission to invite both Muntari and Kevin to listen to their side of the story.

By: Edwin Kwakofi/citifmonline.com/Ghana

 

 

 

 

 

Tags: Dr Mahamudu BawumiaForesight Medical CenterGhana NewsPalaver Newspaper
Previous Post

IMF program must be business friendly-GCCI

Next Post

Petition to impeach CHRAJ boss hasn’t reached us – Gov’t

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always