• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Sierra Leone bounces back to life after ‘lock-down’

September 23, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Sierra Leone bounces back to life after ‘lock-down’
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Normal daily activities have resumed in West African country Sierra Leone, the three-day lock down which was aimed at preventing the further spread of the deadly Ebola virus disease.

The Sierra Leone government has described as successful, the three-day lock down.

A team of 30,000 volunteers embarked on a house-to-house sensitization exercise as well as identifying infected persons.

Sierra Leone has been one of the most affected countries in West Africa since the outbreak early this year.

It has recorded more than 550 victims among the 2,600 deaths so far recorded.

[contextly_sidebar id=”HcUxJLKz5VQzMVcSgjCjWI0YZtWn8WTe”]A resident in Freetown and the Editor of Salone Times Newspaper, Thomas Dixon told citifmonline.com “life has returned to normal.”

“The city is calm and everybody is going on with his or her normal business after the three days lock-down and you can sense the apprehension in the faces of people,” he said.

According to Dixon, the head of the Ebola operations committee announced that the government achieved 75% success because “they were able to record over 90 dead bodies and they were also able to record over 130 new cases.

The Head of the Ebola operations committee also gave indications that due to the success of the first lockdown, another might be considered by the government if they deem it fit.

“Last night, the President spoke in our local language krio, thanking Sierra Leoneans and there is also a press release from the EOC office in Sierra Leone thanking citizens and also the media because the Sierra Leone Association of Journalists in collaboration with the Independent Radio Network had this radio broadcast informing Sierra Leoneans about the three days lockdown,” Dixon added.

Three West African nations; Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone are struggling to battle the deadly Ebola disease which has claimed over 2,500 lives.

The World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations (UN) have pitched in to help fight the disease to save more lives.

IMG-20140922-WA0070 IMG-20140922-WA0071 IMG-20140922-WA0072 IMG-20140922-WA0073

 

By: Patricia Conteh/citifmonline.com/Ghana

Tags: ChinesePalaver NewspaperPapa Owusu Ankomah
Previous Post

Ghana sues Cote d’Ivoire over maritime boundary

Next Post

68% of primary 6 pupils in West Gonja can’t read – Survey

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always