• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Suhum records no maternal death since January

July 6, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
Suhum records no maternal death since January
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

No maternal death has been recorded in any of the health facilities in the Suhum Municipality as at the end of June 2014.

That was not the story in the same period last year where two deaths were recorded.

Dr Samuel Agyemang Boateng, Municipal Health Director, disclosed this at a stakeholders’ forum organised by Rural Watch and SEND-Ghana at Suhum.

He said from now until the end of 2015, the Suhum Municipal Health Directorate had vowed not to contribute any maternal death to the number of deaths that may be recorded nationwide.

“We have put vigorous measures in place to ensure that we maintain the zero record until the end of 2015,” he said.

According to Dr Boateng, the Suhum Municipal Health Directorate had established strong collaboration with traditional birth attendants (TBAs) and prayer camps and had taught them the “Dos and Don’ts” in handling expectant mothers.

He said the directorate intensified its health education which had seen more women now reporting at the health facilities for ante natal care than going to the TBAs and prayer camps.

Dr Boateng said the directorate was bent on ensuring that health officers showed good attitude towards patients, especially pregnant women.

“This year I have spelt out sanctions for all health staff in ensuring that their attitudes do not kill pregnant women’s interest in visiting the health facility,” he added.

Dr Boateng, however, urged the women to continue visiting the health facilities to access ante natal care to maintain the success story.

Mr Samuel Fleischer Kwabi, Municipal Chief Executive, said to further maintain the record, the assembly would soon extend electricity to 60 communities in the municipality.

He said the assembly had acquired a grader which would be used to improve access roads from the various communities to the health centres.

 

Source: GNA

Tags: Chinese
Previous Post

Ghana needs patriotic citizens – Nana Nketsia

Next Post

Black Stars goalkeepers’ trainer lacks requisite quality – Kwarasey

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always