• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

EC denies discovery of thumb printed ballots in Ketu South

November 26, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Charlotte Osei, EC Chairperson

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Electoral Commission of Ghana (EC) has denied speculations within a section of the media that some thumb printed ballots have been found in the Ketu South District of the Volta Region.

The Commission said there is no “iota of truth in the claims” widely circulated on social media.

According to the commission, its preliminary checks showed the information was false and must be disregarded.

Rumours were rife on Saturday that seals to some ballot bags had been broken and thumb printed ballot had been found in the bags.

The Founder of Danquah Institute, and a leading member of the opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP), Gabby Otchere-Darko who made the allegation also added that officials of the Electoral Commission were not cooperating on the matter.

But in a rebuttal, the Electoral Commission (EC) via its Facebook page said, no such thing had happened in the Ketu South constituency.

With almost a week to the country’s general elections on December 7, many people have raised allegations including bloated ballots, broken seals and thumb printed ballots, most of which the EC has denied.

‘Six ballot boxes missing in Western Region’

Meanwhile, six ballot boxes meant for the upcoming polls in the Western Region have gone missing.

This was disclosed by the Takoradi chapter of the New Patriotic Party (NPP). The Regional Secretary of the NPP, Charles Cromwell Bissue told Citi News six boxes of a bulk of 44 boxes got missing while being transported from the Western Regional Head Office of the Electoral Commission to the various constituencies.

The Western Regional office of the Electoral Commission confirmed the loss but said the boxes had not been stolen but rather fell along the road from the truck in which they were being transported.

The Electoral Commission via its Facebook page said the missing boxes will be replaced before election day.

–

By: Jonas Nyabor/citifmonline.com/Ghana
Follow @jnyabor

 

Tags: Ballot boxesElectoral CommisisonElectoral CommissionGhana ElectionsGhana NewsGhElections
Previous Post

EPL on Citi FM: Liverpool reclaim top spot, Swansea pile pressure on Pardew 

Next Post

6 ‘missing’ ballot boxes in Western Region to be replaced – EC

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always