• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Sam George begs Ningo chiefs with 2 bottles of whisky

April 29, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Citi News has learnt that the Chief of Ningo has asked the National Democratic Congress  (NDC) Parliamentary nominee for the Ningo Prampram Constituency, Sam George, to retract supposed unsavory comments he made against him.

The MP aspirant angered the traditional authorities after he reportedly described the chief as lawless.

Mr. George is said to have made the derogatory comment after the Mankralo of the Ningo Traditional Area, Nene Kanor Atiapah III, joined his people to protest against the installation of new ECG prepaid meters.

[contextly_sidebar id=”nEiRGEazei0tIlP5iR3kLmijcqzLuzkl”]The Presidential staffer is said to have made the comment on a radio station. The angry chiefs had vowed to frustrate his parliamentary bid following the comments.

Citi News understands that Sam George together with a delegation visited the Chief to apologize for his action with two bottles of whisky.

Traditionally, chiefs are presented with schnapps. Jonathan Atiapah, who is a brother of the Chief, has told Citi News, the apology will only be accepted after he retracts the comments on radio.

“The chiefs have forgiven him. He knelt down pleading with the chiefs for one hour 25 minutes with two bottles of whisky in his hand and this an embarrassing situation and they have given him the condition to go back to the radio station where he granted that interview and insulted Mankralo as being lawless. He should grant an interview and render an unqualified apology so that they will allow the matter to rest.”

“…He [Sam George] was there with a delegation of about nine people. He brought a delegation from Ashaiman and all over to apologize to the chief and he did so in the residence of Atiapah together with all the traditional leaders in the traditional area…”

Mr. Sam George, has refused to comment publicly on the matter saying Jonathan Atiapah is not the legitimate spokesperson for the chief in question. He however did  not deny the fact that he has apologized.

Sam George suspended for misconduct 

The decision taken by these chiefs may somewhat deepen the woes of Sam George who is already serving a suspension by the NDC for misconduct.

Mr. George, in one of the fiercest political contest during the NDC’s primary held on November 22 last year, beat stiff competition from the incumbent MP, Enoch Teye-Mensah.

The two accused each other of scheming to rig the polls. The verbal exchanges turned physical with Mr. George allegedly receiving a punch in the eye from an aide to Mr. E.T. Mensah. His suspension took effect from December 1, 2015.

–

By: Marian Ansah/citifmonline.com/Ghana
Follow @EfeAnsah

 

Previous Post

Ex Namibian President slams recurrence of coups in Africa

Next Post

NPP raises alarm over alleged registration of Ivorians

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always