• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Sam George will be no match – NPP Ningo-Prampram candidate

November 24, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
I stand by my ‘elevation’ comment against Greenstreet – Sam George

Sam George

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) Parliamentary Candidate for the Ningo Prampram Constituency, Sylvester Tetteh, says his resolve to capture the parliamentary seat from the NDC for the first time in the fourth republic remains unshaken.

[contextly_sidebar id=”7RUk3ZcHjdbCDFuklILOkIIlHkxHePRv”]According to him, the election of Sam Nartey George as the NDC candidate poses no threat to his plans of getting into Parliament.

In one of the shocking results from the NDC primaries over the weekend, Sam George beat one of Ghana’s longest serving MPs, ET Mensah, to emerge as the candidate for the Ningo Prampram Constituency.

But the NPP’s Sylvester Tetteh in an interview with Citi News, said Sam George will be no match for  him in an election which will be based on issues and competence.

“We are going to have this election on order of priorities, development and order of programmes that will help to alleviate the high poverty rate in our constituency. It’s one of the deprived constituencies in this country with poverty level around 51 percent,” he said.

Sylvester Tetteh argued that such issues will preoccupy their campaign adding “I believe that the masses are on my side, the impoverished are on my side. NDC had been in government and have controlled Ningo Prampram for so many years, they should tell us what they have done. All the landmark projects that were done in the constituency were projects done by the NPP” he claimed.

The Ningo-Prampram seat has traditionally been a safe one for the NDC although the NPP’s candidate is believed to have closed the gap in terms of votes in the last election, and thus could pose a threat to the NDC in 2016.

–

By: Godwin A. Allotey/citifmonline.com/Ghana

Follow @AlloteyGodwin

Tags: Maligu NaaPalaver NewspaperTamale MCE
Previous Post

Judicial scandal: ‘Judges must open a new era in judiciary’- Atuguba

Next Post

Police tight-lipped on ‘weapons’ at NPP headquarters

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always