• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Ghanaian involved in Mali attacks- Foreign Ministry

November 23, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
Gov’t investigating illegal gambling allegations

Hanna Tetteh

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Foreign Ministry has confirmed that no Ghanaian was involved in the recent terrorist attack in a hotel in Mali.

Gunmen, last Friday, held about 170 persons hostage for several hours and killed about 20 in the Radisson Blu Hotel in Mali’s capital city, Bamako.

[contextly_sidebar id=”eantI96Bl9OBLRROzNXtr1QgpKFGXFZF”]In her first public interview on the matter, Hannah Tetteh told Citi News that Ghanaian citizens and troops in Mali are safe.

“I have had an update from our ambassador in Mali. Eventhough our mission in Bamako is not too far away from the Radisson hotel, because the attack started earlier in the morning, the staff were advised not to go to work so they were no where near in the line of fire and they would have been the closest Ghanaians to have been impacted by the incident if it had occurred.

“We are part of the municipal operation in Mali. We have offices from the fields engineers regiment and from the Airforce as part of the municipal operation in Mali but no they were nowhere near the hotel so far as we know, the information we have to date, we do not have Ghanaian victims. Ghanaian troops are safe and our citizens are safe.”

Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and its affiliate, al-Murabitoun, said they carried out the attack.

More than 130 hotel guests and staff were freed when Malian special forces, French special forces and off-duty US servicemen stormed the hotel on Friday to break the siege.

Meanwhile a 10-day state of emergency has been announced in Mali following the attack.

–

By: Marian Ansah/citifmonline.com/Ghana

Tags: Palaver NewspaperWassa Akropong
Previous Post

NPP head office ransacked

Next Post

Facebook should be able to handle names like Isis and Phuc Dat Bich

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always