• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

“Accept me as a son” – Sam George woos ET Mensah

November 23, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
I won’t battle E.T Mensah in the media –  Sam George

Sam George

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The newly elected National Democratic Congress (NDC) parliamentary candidate for the Ningo Prampram Constituency for the 2016 general elections, Sam George, has told Citi News he is ready to work with outgoing MP, ET Mensah, despite the fierce campaign that characterized his election.

Sam George, who had been described by ET Mensah as his ‘errand boy’, secured a shocking comprehensive victory against him in the race.

Official results from the Electoral Commission gave Samuel George, 4,910 votes with ET Mensah polling 2,831 votes.

[contextly_sidebar id=”4D38iW4doVtrnigctqfKsJ7tGWgB03QX”]Speaking to Citi News after his victory, an ecstatic Sam George extended an olive branch to his opponent saying “the incumbent Honorable ET Mensah should accept me as a son and realize that we are one party… this is a victory for the NDC.”

Mr. George said he is ready to work with “all representatives irrespective of whatever happened throughout the campaign” in reference to the war of words and confusion that plagued the Ningo Prampram Constituency ahead of Sunday’s voting.

He stressed the need for unity between the two sides ahead of the 2016 general elections.

“I and Hon ET Mensah together will deliver this seat for the NDC come 2016 and we will deliver it together for His Excellency John Dramani Mahama”

Sam George’s victory in the Ningo Prampram constituency means he will face Sylvester Tetteh of the opposition New Patriotic Party in a constituency that has traditionally been a stronghold of the NDC.

–

By: Delali Adogla-Bessa/citifmonline.com/Ghana

 

Tags: Foresight Medical CenterPalaver Newspaper
Previous Post

95% of NDC members affirm Mahama’s candidature for 2016 polls

Next Post

NPP head office ransacked

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always