• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Paris attacks: Eagles of Death Metal Band break silence

November 19, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Paris attacks: Eagles of Death Metal Band break silence

Eagles of Death Metal's Jesse Hughes at the Bataclan in Paris, shortly before Friday's attack.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Eagles of Death Metal, the band whose concert was stormed during last week’s Paris attacks, have made their first statement since returning to the US.

“While the band is now home safe, we are horrified and still trying to come to terms with what happened in France,” said the group’s members.

The US rockers said they were “bonded in grief with the victims, the fans… and all those affected by terrorism”.

Gunmen killed 89 people at the band’s gig at the Bataclan concert hall.

Among those who died were Nick Alexander, a Briton selling merchandise at the venue, and three employees of the band’s record company.

“Our thoughts and hearts are first and foremost with our brother Nick Alexander, our record company comrades Thomas Ayad, Marie Mosser, and Manu Perez, and all the friends and fans whose lives were taken in Paris, as well as their friends, families, and loved ones,” the band’s statement reads.

“Although bonded in grief with the victims, the fans, the families, the citizens of Paris, and all those affected by terrorism, we are proud to stand together, with our new family, now united by a common goal of love and compassion.

“We would like to thank the French police, the FBI, the US and French State Departments, and especially all those at ground zero with us who helped each other as best they could during this unimaginable ordeal, proving once again that love overshadows evil.

“All EODM shows are on hold until further notice.”

None of the band’s members were injured in the attack on the Bataclan, part of an orchestrated series of gun and bomb attacks that left 129 dead.
–
By: BBC

Tags: Togbe Afede
Previous Post

US attorney calls for access to Google and Apple phones

Next Post

Newspaper headlines – Thursday, 19th November, 2015

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always