• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Computerised school placement system to be reviewed

November 16, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
French Gov’t supports fight against maritime crime

Prof Naana Opoku Agyeman, Minister of Education

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Ministry of Education says it will review the Computerized School Selection Placement System, CSSPS, to correct any defects associated with it.

The computerized system was introduced in 2005 to replace the manual way of selection and placement of students in senior high schools which had for many years created a number of challenges.

[contextly_sidebar id=”GuFxRZZ9ephJiABG554ri0CuU42dElpn”]Many parents have however complained about the inefficiency of the new system after their wards were recently turned away by some public secondary schools they had been posted to.

A typical example was the incident at the Wesley Girls High School, where over 200 students were refused admission some weeks ago.

The Ministry of Education is consistently faced with criticisms from parents and students over the recurrence of the situation. But speaking to Citi News, the Public Relations Officer of the ministry, Francis Gbadago, said the ministry would soon begin consultative meetings in a bid to improve the system.

“At the Ministry,  we believe that the CSSPS has served its purpose over the ten year period. It has served even better than the manual system that we had in the past. It has corrected quite a number of anomalies in the previous manual system. As stakeholders, we can make it better”he said.

He noted however that”the challenges that we are referring to are not widespread. As part of the 2016 budget, the Ministry is open for a review of the whole exercise and this will be done in conjunction with all the stakeholders to find lasting solutions to all the challenges that we are currently experiencing.”

–

By: Marian Ansah/citifmonline.com/Ghana

Tags: Foresight Medical CenterPalaver Newspapershooting
Previous Post

2015 AFRIMA Awards: Wiyaala, Stonebwoy make Ghana proud

Next Post

Dr. Mahama cause of PNC’s woes – Hassan Ayariga

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always