• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Former EOCO boss threatens to sue over embezzlement claims

October 28, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Former EOCO boss threatens to sue over embezzlement claims
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

A former head of the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO), Kweku Mortey Akpadzi, says he would soon haul before the court some media houses which published stories of allegations of embezzlement against him.

A private citizen, Gilbert Akpabey, in a petition addressed to President John Mahama, accused the former Executive Director of EOCO of embezzling monies meant for investigations.

[contextly_sidebar id=”phOwgFp1akobpPWVJrxO8RqvflKQvefw”]The nine-paged petition also accused the former EOCO boss of seizing three official vehicles for his personal use after his retirement in May 2015.

Subsequently, the petition was published by some media houses .

Responding to the allegations, Kweku Mortey Akpadzione, who also an aspirant in the National Democratic Congress’ parliamentary primaries in the Ho West constituency, said the stories were not only false and malicious but also defamatory.

He said his decision to haul the media houses together with the petitioner to court, is because the journalists who published the story failed to hear his side of the issue before publishing.

“I am filing a writ against the man who said those things and all newspapers which published and radio stations which gave him the platform” he said.

He added that the media outlets after hours of publishing the unbalanced story, later turned around to ask for his reactions when they could have done that earlier.

“When the man was talking to the radio stations, they should have called me so I challenge him. They published the thing then 24-hours later they started trying to talk to me. The people who listened to it the first time, wouldn’t be ready to even listen to it the second time,” he added.

He has vowed to push for a final determination of the case at the court.

“I gave it to the lawyers last week and they are working on it. And with this one, I would go at it till the final determination even if it means going to the Supreme Court I will go.”

–

By: King Norbert Akpablie/citifmonlie.com/Ghana

Tags: Maligu NaaPalaver NewspaperWassa Akropong
Previous Post

We’re sure of re-run in Klottey Korle  – Addison’s team

Next Post

Prof Adei, Badu Akosah to be dragged before Privileges Committee

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always