• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Fennec Murder: Police pick up “strong leads”

April 29, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Kwaw Kesse’s manager shot dead

Fennec (right) with Kwaw Kesse (left)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Ghana Police Service says it has picked up “some strong leads” that could help bring ongoing investigations into Fennec Okyere’s murder case to a close.

It comes over a month after assailants stabbed Mr. Okyere to death in his private home off the Spintex Road, Accra.

Before his untimely death, Mr. Okyere was the manager of controversial hip-life artiste, Kwaw Kesse.

Last week, the Police Administration released a statement in which it offered “a cash reward of Twenty Thousand Ghana Cedis (GHc20,000) to any person or persons who will volunteer credible information leading to the arrest of suspects involved in the murder of Fennec Okyere”.

The Police statement, signed by the Commissioner – Criminal Investigative Department (CID) at the National Police Headquarters, P.K Agblor, also called on persons with information on the killers to “contact the Police on 0302773695, 0302773906, 0302761733 or report to the Public Affairs Directorate at the National Police Headquarters.”

On Tuesday, Spokesperson for the Greater Accra Regional Police command, DSP Freeman Tetteh, said investigators have picked up strong leads that could lead to the arrest for the Fennec’s killers.

“We have information on some people and it is pointing out to a lot of things,” he told Accra-based Joy FM, without giving details. “We are closing in on some people but we cannot make that information public now.”

“This is a serious matter that is why it has come on the table of the Homicide Unit of the Police Service. We are yet to pick up anyone but we are dealing with the issue seriously,” he added.

DSP Freeman Tettey said the Police will leave no stone unturned in finding the killers of Mr. Okyere, who was buried in Accra over the weekend.

The late Fennec Okyere was allegedly murdered at his Manet Court home off the Spintex Road on March 13, 2014 by some unknown assailants.

His murder shocked many Ghanaians, especially the entertainment industry, considering his contribution to the growth of the industry.

The murder followed a series of what some security analysts have called ‘contract killings’ which have provoked anxiety among many Ghanaians.

In its latest quarterly report, the West African Network for Peace Building (WANEP) said the issue of contract killings could escalate if the government and the security agencies fail to act to reverse the trend.

The report said overall, 17 incidents of Homicide-related cases were recorded, with two suspects arrested.

On Joy FM Monday, WANEP Chief, Emmanuel Bombande, called for bold actions by the Ghana Police Service to prevent targeted killings in the country.

If such actions are not taken, he said, “it can embolden criminals to believe they can engage in such criminal acts and not be apprehended.”

 

By: Martin Asiedu-Dartey/citifmonline.com/Ghana

Tags: Foresight Medical CenterPalaver NewspaperTogbe Afede
Previous Post

Prez. Mahama: Africa is rising, but…

Next Post

FDA issues new health alert over fake Vemox

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always