• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Ghana /SA biz chamber rubbishes calls to sack SA businesses

April 21, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Ghanaian businesses in South Africa shutdown
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Ghana South African Business Chamber says it will not be prudent economically to ask South African businesses in Ghana to close down as a form of retaliation following ongoing xenophobic attacks in South Africa.

[contextly_sidebar id=”Ul0HZkfTNyVmVwOJ5fdNTL0pYcQc1KFz”]Nigeria earlier this week threatened to shut down South African businesses in Nigeria if South Africa does not cal its citizens to order.

Ghana’s Trade and Industry Minister, Dr Ekow Spio Gabrah yesterday also called on the South African government to call its citizens to order as they stand to lose massive investments.

Executive Director of the Chamber, Kojo Dougan says despite the challenges being experienced by foreign businesses in South Africa in the wake of the attacks Ghana must not close its doors to South African businesses.

‘’We will not retaliate by saying to South Africans here to leave rather we welcome you here to invest and trade so together we can grow our continent but to the ignorant people involved in the attacks, w say we do not owe you anything; we rather have contributed to your freedom and to your country as partners.’’

Ghana has an array of South African business based here prominent among them are telecom giant MTN, airliner South African airways, retail giants Shoprite and Game among others.

According to the Executive Director of the Ghana South African Business Chamber, South African businesses rather stand to lose hugely in the wake of the attacks if it persists.

‘If we were to close our doors to you, where would your companies export to and how will your export revenues grow to enable you produce more?’ Kojo Dougan queried.

Meanwhile the South African High Commission in Ghana says, no Ghanaian has been killed due to the recent xenophobic attacks.

–

By: Lorrencia Nkrumah/citifmonline.com/Ghana

Tags: PsychiatricSt Augustine's College
Previous Post

Ghana’s SA evacuation plans can’t be shared – Hanna Tetteh

Next Post

Xenophobic attacks: National Security officials flown to SA – Minister

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always