• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Wikileaks publishes hacked Sony emails and documents

April 17, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Wikileaks publishes hacked Sony emails and documents
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Wikileaks has published hundreds of thousands of emails and documents from a cyber-attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment last year.

The archive apparently includes Sony conversations with Downing Street and with Hollywood figures.

In November, the entertainment company suffered a cyber-attack weeks before releasing The Interview, a film criticised by the North Korean regime.

Sony said it “strongly condemns” the Wikileaks release.

“We vehemently disagree with WikiLeaks’ assertion that this material belongs in the public domain,” the company said in a statement.
The Wikileaks dump includes more than 170,000 emails and over 20,000 documents.

After November’s hack, an unknown organisation published the documents online, but it was not in an easily-searchable form.

Julian Assange, the founder of the website, justified the publication by saying the documents show the inner functioning of a multinational company and are “at the centre of a geo-political conflict”.

The attack came just weeks before Sony was set to release the film about a fictional American plot to kill North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

North Korea denied involvement in the attack but praised it as a “righteous deed”.

In December, a group calling itself the “Guardians of Peace” threatened 9/11-type attacks on cinemas showing the movie, spurring Sony to cancel the film’s release.

Days later, amidst growing public pressure to show the film, Sony bosses appeared to change their minds and said they would give it a limited Christmas Day release.

In January, the US imposed new sanctions on North Korea in response to the attack. And, in April, President Obama ordered the creation of a programme that would allow the US government to sanction foreign hackers.

Mr Assange is currently seeking refuge at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London after two women in Sweden accused him of rape and sexual assault.

Source: BBC

Tags: Dr. Akwasi Osei
Previous Post

Spanish former IMF chief detained

Next Post

Berekum Chelsea wins appeal against Disciplinary Committee ruling

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always