• Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
No Result
View All Result
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events
Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

Gov’t delays triggered our strike – UTAG

August 7, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
GIJ: A far cry from a world-class journalism institution

Prof. Naana Opoku Agyeman, Education Minister.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The University Teachers Association of Ghana (UTAG) are accusing government of not being proactive in addressing their concerns which they say has led to the indefinite strike called by members of the association.

[contextly_sidebar id=”6n4aqoosbb0SFTLNOr4EPM8291d2jzKU”]UTAG on Wednesday announced an indefinite strike over the non-payment of their book and research allowance.

Speaking on Eyewitness News, Deputy General Secretary of UTAG, Samuel Atintonu said the decision followed the inability of government to respond to their demands which have been tendered in since February 2015.

“Last year we got to this point and we knew that we didn’t want to get to where we are today… you do not wait when there is a strike then you say you have written to the minister of finance  asking for the process to start. For us as UTAG members, the executive secretary of the NCTE will normally write to the various universities to ask them to start to prepare the list that is what we wanted,” he said.

Meanwhile the ministry of education on Thursday said it had initiated the process to pay the book and research allowances adding that it had among other things, requested the Auditor General to audit the claims of the various beneficiary institutions.

But Mr. Atintonu downplayed a possible response from the finance ministry to the request by the education ministry.

“I am not quite sure they have been given a firm response from the ministry of as we talk now. So merely writing a letter and as far as we are concerned, we do not have that in our institutions and we are about to start another academic year that is where the difficulty is and this is where our members are on us that, we have finished 2014/2015 we do not want to start 2015/2016 and then get into that difficulty again,” he explained.

–

By: Pius Amihere Eduku/citifmonline.com/Ghana.

Tags: Foresight Medical CenterPalaver Newspapershooting
Previous Post

GH¢600 million oil money unaccounted for – ACEP

Next Post

MMDAs to suffer power cuts if… – Power Minister

  • About Citi FM
  • Archives
  • Audio on Demand
  • CITI OPPORTUNITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION (COPE)
  • Events
  • Heritage Caravan: Registration Form
  • Home
  • Schedule
Call us: +233 30 222 6013

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Schedule
  • News
    • Citi Sports
    • Citi Business
  • Citi TV
  • Audio On Demand
  • Events

© 2024 Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always