The results on four persons with suspected cases of meningitis in the Greater Accra region, are expected to be released today [Monday].
Health authorities at the Ridge hospital are expected to receive the laboratory results on the suspected cases.
[contextly_sidebar id=”ebwOCqQDLw8EDF7ty8iQWu6WHKnmKssf”]The hospital last week, recorded one case of meningitis.
The Acting Medical Director of the facility, Dr. Emmanuel Srofenyo also told Citi News, four new suspected cases had been reported at the facility.
He said “currently we have received four suspected additional cases. Their samples have been sent to the lab and we are currently awaiting results. However, we have already commenced treatment and they seem to be responding well to treatment.”
“And again as far as these additional patients are concerned, there is no cause for alarm even though there is cause for concern because initially we received only one and four additional cases have been transferred to the Ridge Hospital,” he added.
About 40 deaths have so far been recorded as a result of different strains of meningitis in some parts of the country.
By: Godwin A. Allotey/citifmonline.com/Ghana