Some shops at the Tip Toe lane at the Kwame Nkrumah Circle in Accra was ravaged by fire on Saturday around 10 pm.
[contextly_sidebar id=”XsPNeGykWpj8yyaBrJsEZZmOLOqzi0uK”]According to reports, an electrical cable sparked the fire moments after power was restored to the area after a blackout.
The personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service arrived at the scene and have since doused the fire.
So far, no casualties have been recorded but most shop owners who mostly deal in mobile phones and accessories lost their wares in the fire.
Some however reportedly managed to salvage some of their goods before the fire intensified.
This comes days after fire razed down the Goil Fuel Station at Kwame Nkrumah Circle near the GCB bank towers.
About 150 persons perished while others have been displaced.
By: Efua Idan Osam/citifmonline.com/Ghana
Follow @ osamidan