The staff union of the Agricultural Development Bank (adb) will today [Thursday] embark on a nationwide sit down strike to press home their demands for the removal of the Managing Director, Stephen Kpordzih and the dissolution of the Board.
[contextly_sidebar id=”cytSTPXmTqXJx66CzoSPeiiyuPVz9NPH”]The staff union say they have been compelled to take the decision due to government’s unwillingness to ask the MD and the board to step aside as the Bank of Ghana investigates allegations of financial malfeasance and conflict of interest leveled against them.
A letter from the union leaders directing the staff to comply with the industrial action said: “With regards to the Board and Managing Director’s refusal to step aside for a proper examination of issues of gross incompetence and corruption raised by the joint unions and the failure of the appointing authorities to nominate external investigators to support the BoG to unravel the truth, we hereby declare a sit-down protest starting on the 28th of May 2015 till our shareholders do the needful”.
The Board also spelt out some guidelines the bank must follow as they embark on the strike.
It directed the Bank to among other things, not open the front doors of its offices to minimize agitation from customers.
1. Do NOT open the strong room to protect our cash.
2. Do NOT log in to your machines and systems.
3. Communication will be via social media.
4. All external communication will be handled by the UNICOF Executive.
5. Be rest assured that the laws of our motherland allows us to protest when we are displeased with issues.
6. Kindly be in your red arm bands and ties maintain your composure and discipline
By: Marian Efe Ansah/citifmonline.com/Ghana