Fifa executives have unanimously agreed to publish a “legally appropriate version” of a report into allegations of World Cup bidding corruption.
So far only a disputed summary of Michael Garcia’s 430-word report into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments has been published.
Releasing the full report – likely be heavily redacted to preserve witness anonymity – is a change in Fifa policy.
It will be released once investigations into five individuals are completed.
Fifa had originally refused pressure from Garcia and others to reveal his findings.
Report author Garcia resigned on Wednesday after his appeal against the summary of his report by fellow Fifa ethics committee chairman Hans-Joachim Eckert was dismissed.
The American lawyer said the findings released, following his two-year investigation into allegations of corruption, were “incomplete and erroneous”.
Asked if Garcia’s resignation was a new low for world football’s governing body, Fifa vice-president Jim Boyce responded: “I don’t think there’s any doubt about that.”
Britain’s most senior football official said he has always thought “as much of this report as is legally possible should be put in the public domain”.
He added: “Until that is done, it’s not going to go away. If people have nothing to hide, why are they afraid of something being issued?”
A vote in 2010 awarded Russia the right to host the 2018 World Cup, while Qatar was awarded the 2022 tournament.
Source: BBC Sport