Telecommunication provider Vodafone Ghana has unveiled names of the 12 contestants of this year’s Icons Remix Edition.
All 12 will be competing for the ground prize of a brand new Nissan Qashqai, a recording deal, cash prize and souvenirs worth over GHC 100,000.
Icons Remix edition airs at 8pm on 4Syte TV and Viasat 1 at 9pm on Saturdays, and on TV3 and GHOne on Sundays at 5pm and 7pm respectively.
Christie Quincyna Quarcoopome:
19-year-old and a student of University of Ghana, studying Psychology and Archaeology. . Her ambition is to become a music lawyer. She believes Icons will give her the exposure and feels excited that the whole world is watching her. Christie comes from a family that loves music and she hopes to pursue her passion no matter what happens.
2. Josephine Ansah:
19-year-old recently completed Ideal College as a science student. Josephine’s ambition in life is to make her family proud in every aspect, especially her mum. She sees Icons as an experience as she hopes to learn from other contestants.
3. Hannah Sonkobea Akua Nyarko.
19 years and recently completed Commonwealth College Senior High School. She takes inspiration from her dad who used to be part of a musical band. Hannah wants to invest in her passions – music and dance school. She is committed to pursuing her dream of becoming a musician even if she doesn’t win.
4. Bernard Opoku-Agyeman:
25 years old Bernard holds a Higher National Diploma (HND) in marketing from Kumasi Polytechnic. The ambitious global musician takes inspiration and encouragement from his cousins with regard to music. He plans to go ahead with his dream of becoming a global musician after Icons.
5. Christian Owusu:
26 years and a promising entrepreneur who completed Takoradi Polytechnic in 2013. His vision is to become the hottest male vocalist in the world. He believed singing is a gift and started singing at age 6. He sees this platform as an opportunity to train and improve himself
6. Jennings William Djan:
21 years and a student of Radford University. Jennings wants to blend music with his ambition of becoming an accountant and believes Icons is a stepping stone for him to get the needed exposure to further my music dream
7. Eli Kwesi Letsa:
20-year-old Eli, is an entrepreneur who deals in suits and accessories. Eli , whose brother was on the show 2years ago, wants to be a music teacher. His aim is to influence people in a Christian way through music. He is very optimistic about winning the mixed edition.
8. Abigail Owusu
19 years and recently completed Ghana Senior High Shool in Koforidua. Abigail is motivated by her grandfather who bought her a piano and other musical instruments at a very young age. She wants to be the greatest singer worldwide and believes Icons will offer her that exposure.
9. Angela Enam Keteku- 19 years and recently completed Saint Monica’s Senior High School. Angela whose dad is a pianist and mum a singer, believes winning the ‘Remix’ edition will lead to realising her dream of becoming an international star.
10. Gifty Taabea Bediako- 20 years and a student of Radford University. Gifty is passionate about music and fashion, and believes in empowering others to succeed in life. Herpassion for music was by nurtured by her dad who once owned a band. band. She is very hopeful of winning Icons
11. Alice Ama Twum – 23 years and a student of Radford University. Alice’s interest for music was borne out of the fact that her grandmother used to sing to her. She believes music is her comfort zone as it gives her joy, peace. Looks beyond Icons as she anticipates victory in the music journey.
12. Regina Nana Akua Ansah – 21 years and a student of Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ). Regina who is also related to the gospel artiste Nii Okai, hopes to do full time music later in life and has high hopes to win Icons.
Source: Vodafone Ghana