About 15 students of the North Ridge Senior High School in Adieso in the Eastern Region have been rushed to the Adieso Health Center for a suspected case of food poisoning.
According to sources at the school, the students fell sick after eating food from a popular food joint close to the school.
Confirming the incident to Citi News, the Assistant Physician for the Adeiso Health Center, Dominic Aniah indicated the students are currently under treatment for showing symptoms of cholera.
[contextly_sidebar id=”ax2rSpTBmCfQKC83ns0DuLD8MGtLHALC”]“Since we admitted some yesterday, they are still vomiting, having abdominal pains and then frequent loose stools. We referred some to the Nsawam government hospital while some who stayed back at night, are still complaining of stomach so I have arranged with the DCE to send the rest of them to the hospital.”
The country has been battling with the deadly disease for months now.
The disease has claimed over 100 lives with more than 10,000 cases recorded in seven out of the ten regions across the country.
The Ghana Health Service in a bid to prevent the further spread of the disease asked local assemblies to consider banning the sale of food on the street.
Food sellers however defied the directive and went on with their normal activities.
Government, early this month also released more drugs to hospitals across the country while the AMA has started closing down some shops in the region to halt a further spread of the disease.
By: Marian Efe Ansah/citifmonline.com/Ghana