Two brothers, out of a set of triplets were found dead in a video game shop they operated in the early hours of Monday at the Tarkwa Railway station.
The bodies of the deceased, Meshack Kwao and Abednego Kwao, both 18 years, who were students of the Tarkwa Methodist Junior High School, have been deposited at the Tarkwa government hospital for autopsy.
The Tarkwa Divisional Police Commander, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Paul Ayittey disclosed this to the Ghana News Agency in Tarkwa.
ACP Ayittey said last Monday at about 0900 hours, his office received a call that two men have died in a shop at the Tarkwa Railway station.
According to the Divisional Commander, shortly after the information, his officers got to the scene and found blood oozing from the mouths of the deceased.
He said the deceased lived with their family at the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation quarters in Tarkwa, and during their leisure time operated the game shop for a certain woman for a fee.
ACP Ayittey said on Sunday June 1, while the deceased were working in the shop there was power outage, and they decided to spend the night there as it was already late.
They then put on a generator in the shop to help them get access to light and they later locked the main door to the shop and slept.
The divisional commander said the fumes that emanated from the generator might have caused suffocation to kill them.
ACP Ayittey disclosed that the owner of the shop has been invited to assist the police with their investigations.