GET IN TOUCH
 
 
 
 
 

Showbiz

Citi FM’s Family Consecration Service underway [Photos]

img_2901_1000x667

The spirit-filled Family Consecration Service that is held by Citi FM to begin the station’s Family Month is currently underway at the Winners Chapel Ghana in Accra. The theme for the service is ‘Locate My Family, Oh God.’ The cherished listeners of the station, Christians and the staff of the station have come together to pray and dedicate themselves and ...

Read More »

Eminem sues New Zealand governing party over ‘Lose Yourself’

eminem

Eminem has taken New Zealand’s governing party to court over a music track it used for a campaign ad. The US rapper says the song, used in the 2014 advert by the National Party, was an unlicensed version of Lose Yourself, one of his biggest hits. But the party’s lawyers argue it was not actually Lose Yourself, but a track ...

Read More »

‘SP Kofi Sarpong is my favourite gospel artiste’ – Shatta Wale

kofi-620x330

If you thought controversial dancehall artiste Charles Nii Armah Mensah aka Shattawale is divorced from the gospel of Christ, you have to re-orient your thought because the ‘Dancehall King’ listens to gospel music. In a post on his Facebook page, he disclosed his fondness of gospel artiste SP Kofi Sarpong. “SP Kofi Sarpong is my favourite gospel artiste,” he posted. ...

Read More »

Ryan Tedder was ‘on verge of a mental breakdown’ after anxiety battle

ryan-tedder

Ryan Tedder from OneRepublic says he was “on the verge of a mental breakdown” after spending 200 days on the road last year. In a long Facebook post, Ryan writes about his health and the band’s recent hiatus. The singer-songwriter says he’s spent the last four months writing songs and recovering. OneRepublic are releasing new single Vacancy this week but ...

Read More »

Most music producers don’t offer quality music – Rex Omar

rex-620x330

Veteran highlife artiste Rex Omar has bemoaned the quality of music produced onto the Ghanaian music market in recent times. Speaking to Doctor Cann on Happy FM’s Showbiz Xtra, he said music producers of today are not concerned about doing quality music. They don’t spend time and money to record timeless music. “I am not saying everybody should record live ...

Read More »

Songs by Bob Marley you should listen to

bob-marley

Rolling Stone reported this week that a “restatement” version of Bob Marley’s ‘Exodus’ album will be released later this year. The album was released on June 3, 1977, which means that in June 2017, ‘Exodus’ will be 40 years old. It has some very popular songs that even those who aren’t reggae fans love, including Turn Your Lights down low, ...

Read More »

Fyre Festival turns from ‘luxury’ to ‘disaster’ with ticket-holders stranded in Bahamas

_95823460_c-d3adrwaaeowrx-1

A luxury music festival in the Bahamas, with tickets costing up to $12,000 (£9,200), has been branded a “disaster”, with reports of no security and cancelled flights. Fyre Festival, co-organised by Ja Rule, promised a “cultural moment created from a blend of music, art and food”. Tickets included a flight from Miami, a stay in a “geodesic dome” and activities ...

Read More »

DKB, Comedian OB, to feature at May Laughline comedy show

ksm-and-dkb-620x330

One of Ghana’s mainstream comedy shows, Laughline, is gearing up for its ninth edition with organizers ready to give patrons a run for their money with a show promising to be full of rib cracking fun. The next edition, slated for May 6 and hosted by Lekzy DeComic will have, DKB, Comedian OB, Khemikal and Tkay as main acts; with ...

Read More »

Beyoncé offers US college scholarships

beyonce

Beyoncé is offering four US college scholarships to mark the one year anniversary of ‘Lemonade’. The ‘Run The World (Girls)’ hitmaker has launched Formation Scholars, which will award scholarships to female students to “encourage and support [those] who are unafraid to think outside the box”. A statement posted on her website reads: “To add to the celebration of the one-year ...

Read More »

Ebook sales drop as readers favour non-fiction books

_95798364_ur5o3nt0

Sales of ebooks dropped 3% to £538m last year, according to the Publishers Association trade body. But total book sales including physical books rose 6% to £3.5bn, according to the data, led by non-fiction gains. Readers flocked to fitness and self-help books, sending non-fiction sales up 9%, while fiction revenue fell 7%. Exports rose 6% to £2.6bn, benefiting from a ...

Read More »