President Akufo-Addo has nominated 12 more individuals to occupy various ministerial positions in his government.
This is the second batch of ministerial nominees made by the President after he announced 13 others on Tuesday, January 11, 2017.
This brings to total, 25 ministerial nominees made by Nana Akufo-Addo.
In the list of new nominees submitted to Parliament for vetting and confirmation, indicated Nana Akufo-Addo had created two new ministries and reintroduced two others that were scrapped by the previous National Democratic Congress (NDC) government.
Nana Akufo-Addo, who is expected to officially introduce the new nominees at a press conference at the flagstaff House later today has called on Parliament to effectively scrutinize all his nominees and not “rubber stamp” them in “wholesale” as qualified.
All the nominees will be vetted and confirmed to serve in their respective offices as Ministers, if they are found qualified by the vetting committee of Parliament.
Find the full list below:
1. Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation – Dr Anthony Akoto Osei
2. Minister for Regional Reorganisation and Special Projects – Dan Kwaku Botwe
3. Minister for Lands and Forestry – John Peter Amewu
4. Minister for Gender and Social Protection – Otiko Afisah Djaba
5. Minister for Employment and Labour Relations – Ignatius Baffour-Awuah
6. Minister for Transport – Kwaku Ofori Asiamah
7. Minister for Railways Development – Joe Nana Ghartey
8. Minister for Roads and Highways – Kwesi Amoako-Atta
9. Minister for Communications – Ursula Owusu Ekuful
10. Minister for Water Resources and Sanitation – Joseph Kofi Adda
11. Minister for Works and Housing – Samuel Atta Akyea
12. Minister for Environment Science and Technology – Prof Kwabena Frimpong Boateng
Meanwhile, Akufo-Addo has communicated to the Speaker of Parliament that he “shortly” send in his final batch of ministerial nominees.
By: Jonas Nyabor/citifmonline.com/Ghana